1. Don't run BarahaIME and BarahaPad simultaneously as it may lead to undesirable results. Run either BarahaIME or BarahaPad at any given point of time.
2. Don't run other Indian language keyboard programs while running Baraha programs as it may lead to undesirable results.
3. You may have to deactivate BarahaIME by pressing F11 key before you can search in the Windows Start Menu.
4. Some anti-virus software (such as QuickHeal) may falsely mark BarahaIME files as malware/key logger, and disable its functionality. In such cases, BarahaIME may output "junk" text, OR may not output any text at all. If your anti-virus software has "Anti-Keylogger" feature, try disabling that for Baraha program files. Please check your anti-virus software help for how to exclude Baraha program files.
5. Some anti-virus software (such as Windows Defender) were found to terminate Baraha program as soon as it was launched. Please check your anti-virus software help for how to exclude Baraha program files.
6. Some programs such as recent MS Office apps, and Microsoft Edge browser may not allow programs like BarahaIME to work with them. In such cases, BarahaIME may not output any text at all. Try BarahaIME in Wordpad/Notepad to verify if BarahaIME is working correctly in other applications. You should try to use alternate applications such as OpenOffice, Google Chrome in such a situation. You may also use BarahaPad to type Indian language text and copy/paste text.
7. If you are using BarahaIME in ANSI mode, in MS Office applications, then you should not use some of the AutoCorrect/AutoFormat options. These options automatically change the characters as you type, which is good only for the English language. Open AutoCorrect/AutoFormat options in MS Word and disable following options. You may have to disable other options also.
8. BarahaIME uses Backspace key messages to erase and regenerate new characters. This technique may not work in some software such as MS Excel 2013/2016. In such cases, select Output Full Letters menu command in BarahaIME to avoid Backspace messages.
9. If MS Office 2016 applications hang OR crash when language/keyboard is changed in BarahaIME, then try installing Hindi language pack from Microfoft. This seems to fix the issue.